I’m going to introduce you to a dessert that you’re about to have a love/hate relationship with. These rice krispy treats are not messing around. They are the quintessential childhood snack kicked up a notch or seven. I mean, after sharing them with our small group and giving most of them away, I had to freeze the last few for fear that I would eat them for breakfast. And lunch.
I found this recipe on Joy the Baker: Peanut Butter Fudge Rice Krispy Treats I’ll also post her recipe here:
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- - OR -
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispy Cereal (or any puffed rice cereal)
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. ( You may want to line your pan with parchment paper or waxed paper large enough to have flaps hanging over the sides. This will make it easy to pull the giant block of goodness out of the pan when it’s done. I just forgot this step. But as recorded in the comments below, some people had trouble with the wax paper sticking to the Krispie treats. A well sprayed pan might just be your best bet!) Cool.
Make Peanut Butter Fudge.
- 1 cup butter, plus more for greasing pan
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla